Data-driven recruitment helps you track and measure every step of the campus recruitment process and allows you to assess candidates on a wide range of criteria. This is one of the most important strategies for recruiters to use during their 2020 campus recruitment to target top talent and meet their recruitment numbers. Since you access credible data in every stage, be it sourcing and screening students or visiting colleges to evaluate them for different skills and shortlist the top performers, the chances of bias and errors are reduced greatly, leaving you with the top performers for the job profile.
Data-driven recruitment can be a little overwhelming if you do not have the right tools to analyse and interpret data. For instance, having access to too many details about candidates can catch you off-guard if you do not segregate them based on the skill criteria required for your job profile. Although there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to data-driven recruitment, focusing on creating metrics from the collected data and framing your decisions based on that is the right way to use this strategy for campus recruitment.
Before we understand how data driven approach can help you target the right candidates, let us look at the benefits of it.
Benefits of data-driven recruitment
- Easy-to-understand metrics: Data-driven recruitment focuses on different metrics that will help you build a strong recruitment strategy. For instance, viewing the metrics for cost-to-hire, time-to-hire, skill match, etc. will help you come up with the right strategy for hiring students. This data will give you insights about the maximum cost you can allocate for your recruitment, the time period within which you have to onboard the shortlisted candidates, and the top skills you must look for while screening resumes.
- Target best colleges and candidates: While searching for good students, you cannot limit your search only to select, premier colleges. The individuals with the desired skills you are looking for can also be in present in far-off campuses. Data-driven approach will help you widen your search net and focus on the right colleges and candidates for your 2020 recruitment.
- Improve candidate experience: Data-driven approach gives a lot of scope to improve candidate experience since the recruiters can update students instantly with important and relevant information. Using this approach for your 2020 campus recruitments, you can update them about recruitment-related details such as the place and time, inform them about their assessment scores and whether they are shortlisted for the interview round, and also update them on whether they are selected or rejected for the job, giving them an opportunity to sit for other campus drives if required.
- Better recruitment forecasting: Following this approach for 2020 recruitment, you can forecast your recruitment requirement of the future and understand your flaws and strengths through detailed metrics. For instance, the number of current employees can help you understand the resource requirement in the future, what costs to allocate for the recruitment process, time duration to achieve the targets, campuses to focus on and other relevant data. Viewing the data from your 2020 recruitment in the form of graphs and charts will highlight the conversion rate, candidate experience, costs, and time involved in improving your future campus recruitments
- Time and cost-saving: Data-driven approach saves a lot of time and cost with recruiters planning their hiring strategy in an easy and efficient manner using the data from previous recruitments to come up with an appropriate budget for their 2020 campus recruitment drive. They can also focus on those campuses that offer them a wider scope of tapping talent and exclude those that don’t.
How does Calyxpod help in data driven recruitment?
Now that the benefits of this approach are clear, let us understand why this approach is significant for campus recruitments.
- Improved Clarity: This approach will help you define the ideal candidate skill requirement by aggregating all the candidate data into a single format. As a recruiter, such a detailed and organized data will give you a better clarity of what skills to include in the job description for your 2020 recruitment and target individuals who match them.
- Avoid discrepancies: Limiting your candidate screening efforts based on academic scores alone will restrict you from hiring talented students who can be a great asset to the firm. Using the available data, you can segregate students based on their co-curricular activities, awards and accolades they’ve received, creative and innovative efforts they’ve showcased, and more. Such a detailed screening will prevent discrepancies and bias and give you the opportunity to expand your reach.
- Actionable data at your fingerprints: Data-driven approach allows you to shortlist the best campuses and candidates you have to focus on by aggregating all the data available in the database in an easy-to-understand format. With campuses and candidates to target in place, you can conduct a successful 2020 campus recruitment and hire the required number of candidates for the job profile.
Although this approach is extremely beneficial and time-saving, you must have a sound recruitment tool that includes this technological add-on to conduct a successful 2020 recruitment. Calyxpod can be the tech solution that you require in order to take a data-driven approach for your 2020 campus recruitment. We have the expertise and resources to help you hire the best talent and also meet your recruitment numbers. Visit us at https://companies.calyxpod.com/recruitment-solutions to learn more about our services.