Making resume screening easy
Resume screening is the most time-consuming step in the recruitment process. It’s tedious and requires a lot of effort but is also the most important step. With efficient resume screening, a company can spend less time on candidates that are likely to fail the interview process and focus more on candidates who are likely to succeed.
When a company opens a position and puts out a job posting, 75% to 88% of resume received for that particular job role is from unqualified candidates. For this reason, the majority of talent acquisition leaders still find the hardest part of recruitment to be screening resumes.
Now, what if we told you that resume screening does not have to be such a tedious job and that there are a few tricks you can use to not only speed up this process but also complete it efficiently? It’s true, gone are the days where your company’s HR team worked tirelessly to find the right candidate. It’s time they worked smart and we’re going to give you a few pointers on how to make resume screening easy.
Steps to make resume screening easy
- Ensure your job posting attracts the right profiles: The first step in making resume screening easy is making sure your job posting is attracting the right profiles. This can be done by properly detailing your job role and responsibilities and clearly defining the criteria needed to apply for the job role.
- Automated resume screening: Advances in recruitment technology have added automation to resume screening, making it easy for companies to screen through a large pool of candidate profile easily and pick out only the right profiles that match the required job description. Nowadays, HR software can be designed to understand the job description through keywords and more and look for profiles that match the description. This automation helps save a lot of time involved in manually going through resumes.
- One platform for all the resumes: Maintaining one single platform to store all resumes that can be accessed from anywhere is another smart way of making resume screening easy. This way, every time a position opens up, you don’t have to look through files and folders of resumes to find the right profile, instead, it can easily be accessible through one platform by all stakeholders involved in the interview process. This step will not only speed up your resume screening process by making candidate profiles easily accessible but will also make the process more organized and optimized.
- All resumes in one format: Another issue faced by recruiters while recruiting is when they receive resumes in different formats. This makes it difficult to review, however, if you can deploy an HR software that converts and displays all resumes in a single format, it becomes easier for any stakeholder involved in the interview process to review it. This way an interviewer can screen through the resumes easily and efficiently.
- Record feedback or comments on the resume: Another great tip to making resume screening easy is using a software that allows you to record feedback on the resume that can be viewed by all stakeholders involved in the screening process. This way a stakeholder taking the interview of a shortlisted candidate will be able to tell why that resume was selected. In addition to this, these notes could also be used as a reference in the future when a similar job role opens up, making it easy for recruiters to understand why this profile was rejected previously.
- Easy screening through filters: When you have all resumes stored on a single platform, screening them through filters can make the process a whole lot easier. For example, if you have defined criteria for a particular job role, such as the level of education as MBA or type of skill as photoshop, you can use these criteria as a job filter and view only those profiles that meet these criteria. This will save a lot of time and help you focus only on those profiles that match your job criteria
Now that you have the tips to make your resume screening easy, all you need is a company that can help you implement these pointers and Calyxpod can be that company for you. With our efforts, software and services, we are sure to make your resume screening efforts easier. If you would like to know more about how we can help you, visit https://companies.calyxpod.com/recruitment-solutions